Monday, March 16, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #8

Here's what this week's challenge was:
Create a card by incorporating a scenary design using designer papers.
For example, cut your designer papers into squares to create Christmas presents. . .cut a Christmas tree or snowman using an image from a designer paper, If you want to use only the scenic images on your designer paper, that's fine too meaning you don't have to incorporate any rubber stamped image to your card. Another idea is to punch flowers using a designer paper to create a design on your card. Use your imagination. . .LOL! There's a lot of fun things that you can create with this challenge.
I must admit when I first read this, I thought no way. Not doing it. And the week went on and I still said no way. And then I decided that I'm not a quitter and that a challenge is just that, a challenge so I had better think of something! So here's what I came up with. Not my favorite card by a long shot but I tried!
Supplies:
card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
stamps: Trim the Tree Sophia,
paper: Georgia Pacific, scraps
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
others: star punch, copics,
Be sure to visit the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to see what the other challenge divas created. We'd love to have you play along, just leave a comment and a link to your creation on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog or if you upload to SCS or PCP, use the keyword CSAYL.

22 comments:

Tina said...

I think you did fantastic!

Annie said...

well done on doing that challenge! and a cutie image trimming the tree. hugs, annie x

Kristie W. said...

You did a great job with the challenge! And I spy a few new colors I need to add to my collection lol

Kim said...

That turned out really nice, Danni!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh Danni, you did a great job with this challenge! I love it!!
hugz
deb

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I really like this Danni! It's a perfect little scene, it's just what Sophie was meant for...trimming the tree!
Great job on this challenge!
Blessings, Maria

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I love it. Thanks so much for always showing what color copics you use. I am just getting started and I love that. TFS

Anna said...

Oh, love that tree! Very cool!

Christine Riley said...

What an absolutely adorable card! Love it! Love how you did the tree and that image is too precious.
Hugs, Christine :)

Unknown said...

Cute! Am I the only person not doing this? lol! I feel like everyone is!

I haven't forgotten about the cards yet, just behind schedule since the boys have been sick. I'll get them out soon.

Tammi said...

The tree looks great, nice job on the challenge...cute!

Cathy said...

I think it looks great!! Love the tree!

Sharon Caudle said...

I think you're being a little harsh on yourself there, Danni! I think it's cute! I LOVE that image, she's adorable! And I think your tree looks great! And a big WHOOT WHOOT for you for finishing it!

Maria said...

Danni. . your scenary is fantastic. I love that you created the Christmas tree with dp. . .the image is perfect for your scenary. Not to worry, next week's challenge will be a sketch challenge! LOL!! Love all the cards you come up with each week!!

maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Great job on the challenge Danni!!! I love that image. She is sooooo cute!! One card closer for Christmas. I should start now too!

Jodi said...

Very cute and sweet card!! Love the use of your DP and the tree!
Hugs,
Jodi

Vicki G said...

Pretty Card Danni!!!! I like the sweet little girl!

Vicki

Michelle said...

WHOOHOOO way to go girl! Love how you did the challenge this week!

Ann Kranitz said...

I think you did a wonderful job on this challenge. Way to go!!

Monica said...

Great job with this challange! My camera quit on me last night and I didn't get to upload my card this week! ugh! I'm hoping to get a picture of it tomorrow and then post it.

Janna said...

Wow! You did an amazing job on this challenge Danni! I really don't know if I would have been able to do it! This would have so intimidated me! But I love the way you colored sophia and hte tree, wallpaper and floor you made! So, so creative! An amazing job!

smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Wow Danni,

You did a great job on this image and the card is great too!! I love how you made that tree and I am so enjoying your Christmas Cards each week!!!

Great Job!!!

Heather