Wednesday, January 25, 2012

FBW #187

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s time to flutter with Flutter By Wednesday’s!!! Be sure to visit the blog to find out how you can play along! And be sure to visit my Flutter By Team for lots of inspiration! Links are on my sidebar!!
Before I get to my creation today I wanted to share that I have a tutorial on the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart, so be sure to head on over there and check it out (I used some adorable fairies for the tutorial!!).
This week our challenge at FBW is to use embossing-any kind, with our butterfly, fairy or angel. Here’s what I came up with using 3 Wishes from Sylvia Zet for SCACD, which is discounted right now!! My embossing is hard to see but I embossed the scallop circle behind the image and the die cut leaves with a Cuttlebug embossing folder--I then went over the embossing with a VersaMark ink pad to try and make the embossing more noticeable.



The little details~ 3 Wishes, Memento Tuxedo Black, copics, Basic Grey Sugar Rush, nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, VersaMark, Prima flower, SU Little Leaves die, Zva Creative Pearls, stardust stickles
Copics used- skin- E21, E000, E00, cheeks- R20, R30, fairy skin- E00, hair- E35, E31, YR20, leaves- YG05,  flowers- R35, R24, R08, Y17, “dots” in hair/by hair- R46, dress- YR09, YR07, YR04,  YR02, present- B16, B12, stars- Y08, fairy hair- E23, fairy dress- V25, fairy wings- V01, shadows- C1, BG10

20 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Danni,
Ohhh, such a fun image. The deep purple flower sure adds that special touch.

Joey said...

Danni this is so cute! love the bold orange. Joey x

Unknown said...

Morning Danni, Simply stunning card, beautiful colours and image..... Love it! Big hugs Jo xxx

Amanda R said...

So cute Danni! I never thought to run a Versamark pad over the embossed images but that is brilliant! Love the bold colors too, they look great! Hope you got the cards I mailed, let me know if you didn't.

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute card and love that deep orange on her dress...

Lynette said...

So sweet! What a fun present she has opened:)

Mary J said...

How cute is that?!! I love this Danni - the lickle ickle fairy is super sweet!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love that flower!

Leanne said...

Sweeet image Danni! I love the details and the layout.
;)

Kathy Bradley said...

Adorable card and image, Danni - very cute card.

Anna said...

Way too cute! I love that image! Pretty purple flower too! Enjoy your day with Sam!

Michelle VP said...

Love the added texture your embossing gives with the versamark! You know, I've been eying this stamp. My wishlist at SCACD is growing! I'll have to check out your tutorial too! :)

Michelle said...

So adorable! I forgot about these images...maybe I need to get my stamps out and use more of them! Love the orange and purple colors! Very pretty!

Kelly Schelske said...

So very sweet Danni!

Tina said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, she's adorable!! Ahhh, my very favorite embossing folder too, love that one. GORGEOUS Danni!

Shelby said...

I adore Sylvia's images and you've definitely done this one justice with your amazing design and great coloring

Shelby

Kristie W. said...

What a cute image!! I suppose I should actually look at the sheet of stamps I bought, right? LOL!

The leaves look great embossed and I loooove that Prima flower!!

Tiggerscraps said...

What a darling card!! Just love the stamp too!
www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

Harriet Skelly said...

Danni this is so adorable! I love that image you used - so whimsical!