Nothing crafty to share today as I’ve been enjoying time with my family the past few days. Sam and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary yesterday and enjoyed spending the day together with the most amazing lunch at a local Japanese Steak House where they cook the food right in front of you.
Since I didn’t have any crafty goodness to share, thought I’d write a bit about my journey and the progress that I’ve made.
My 3rd weigh in and measure was last Friday and I was very nervous and negative about it at first and then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there was nothing to be negative about! I have made HUGE changes and I am PROUD of what I’ve accomplished. Still a long ways to go but I’ve started everything in motion and the rest will come.
The results thus far~
- total inches lost- 7.75
- total weight lost- 7.50 lbs.
- total body fat % lost- 1.30 %
- total body fat lost- 5.23 lbs.
- total workouts- 50
And the things that I have changed that I’m proud of~
- gave up soda-I still have an occasional one when we eat out but I get a water with it so I don’t have it refilled numerous times
- have really stopped eating out at fast food places for lunch as much as I was. I was going to McD’s or Taco Bell 3-4 times a week for lunch, now if I only usually go out once a week and to Subway.
- am beginning to really like to workout--something I NEVER thought would happen
- been able to fit into jeans I couldn’t wear for over 2 years
- am starting to fit into XL shirts vs 1X
- bought actual workout clothes and shoes--and have been told I look good in them!
- dedicated to working out
- eating more healthy foods and paying attention to the nutritional content more
- a biggie--I now have no trouble drinking all my required water for the day
- taking care of myself in other ways--started a face care system and also went for my first ever pedicure and also have been styling my hair more--before I just didn’t see the need as I was so unhappy with myself
- and the biggest thing of all--I like myself and what I see in the mirror!
Like I said, I have a long way to go but I know I’ll get there. I’m excited for the next two months as I’ve signed up to do a Curves challenge. We start May 7th and end June 30th. We’re working in teams of two and our goal is to lose 10% of our body fat. So for me, roughly around 17 lbs. I have a plan and am ready to put it into action--yes for the challenge but more for myself!
So there’s a bit about my journey and how it’s going. I’ve been told that I’m helping to inspire others to work out and get healthy, I sure hope that is true because that would just be the icing on the cake for this whole adventure!
See you back here tomorrow for the fun new release and new challenge from Pixie Dust Studio!