Things are starting to come together for me as far as finding a balance between everything. Next week will be a bit challenging as one of the girls at work will be gone on vacation so I’ll be working several days in a row but after that we should settle nicely into a good routine.
I’m feeling less overwhelmed too so that is always a good sign. I truly do love working at Curves though and am happy I made the choice to try/get the job.
With that being said, I feel like some of my creativity mojo is coming back as it left for a little bit. So I had to grab it while I can and sat down to play with the last SCACD release, The Blank Canvas Collection. I know many of you say the “mixed media” isn’t for you but I think you’d be surprised how fun these stamps and this style is--there are no rules, you just create and have fun. I am truly embracing it and loving it! Dare ya to try it!!
I started by stamping Blank Canvas Woman with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto my cardstock and then also onto an old book page. I colored the skin and hair with copics and ShinHan Art Touch Twin markers and then cut her out.
Next I cut out the dress part from the book page and made a watercolor out of Yellow Rose Luminarte Primary Elements Mica Powder and Gum Arabic and painted over the book page. I had some extra of the watercolor mixture so I painted a scrap piece of cardstock, just in case I wanted to use it for a die cut or something. Once the dress was dry I touched up the black lines with an old fine tip marker I had--I sort of had a blob on one side but decided to leave it as I thought it added character and then I glued it to the woman using ScrapPerfect Best Glue Ever--I like this glue so much when working with things that make paper curl as it really holds them down.
Next I stamped the word Original from the Authentic Words Set onto my card front in Archival Jet Black ink. I handwrote “be” in front of Original. I stamped the Rays in VersaMark ink and then dusted more of the Yellow Rose Luminarte Primary Elements Mica Powder over it. I also wanted the edges to have some sparkle to them so I repeated this process by inking up the edges with VersaMark and then dusting on the mica powder.