Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spray Fun

I know, I know--very strange title today but I thought it very appropriate because that’s what I did…had fun with sprays/mists/spritz. Just thought I’d share some of my fun with you!

DSC_0001

First I got out all my sprays/mists/spritz which consist of Dylusions Ink Sprays {these are quickly becoming a favorite!}, Maya Road Mists {totally gorgeous mists}, Smooch Spritz {fun spritz--mine are a bit messy as when we moved over a year ago a few got broke but I saved what I could) and Tsukineko Psst Shimmer Spritz {another favorite}--all of these I got at SCACD!!

For the first project I took out my Dylusions Dotted Flower Stencil and some white cardstock and some scrap paper. I taped my stencil to my cardstock and then covered up the middle section of the stencil with some scrap paper as I didn’t want that part to be sprayed. Back tracking a bit, I am doing this on my craft mat which cleans up easily and then my hubby cut a box for me so I’d have a “spray shield”.

DSC_0003

Next the fun comes, randomly I just sprayed the Dylusions Ink Sprays in Bubblegum Pink, Vibrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape and Lemon Zest onto the area with the stencil. I let it dry (shhh…I might have speeded it up with a heat gun) and then removed the scrap paper and stencil. I’m a bit OCD about my stencils being clean so I also cleaned it up with ScraPerfect’s Best Cleaner Ever. I love how it came out!! Now I have a nice corner for a project!

DSC_0005

DSC_0007

DSC_0008-1 

DSC_0009

Next I wanted to use the Maya Road Mists. I placed my cardstock down, adhered my mini Fish Scales Crafter’s Workshop Template and then misted with the Maya Road Mists in Amethyst Metallic Mist and Iridescent Pearl Mist. Repeated the process above..waited for it to dry and then took the template off-cleaned it,etc. So shimmery and sparkly!

DSC_0011

DSC_0014

DSC_0016  

For the Smooch Spritz I just randomly spritzed the cardstock to create a shimmery background for future use. (the photos don’t show it well but it is really shimmery)

DSC_0024

Finally for the Tsukineko Psst Shimmer Spray I wanted to try something different. I took a darker cardstock and then an embossing folder (isn’t it pretty! It’s one of the new ones at SCACD from Couture Creations called Serene) and sprayed a mixture of Copper, Frost and Gold onto the embossing folder and then quickly ran it through my Big Shot. Gorgeous end result!! and super easy!!

DSC_0019

Hope this has given you a few ideas on how to play around with some of the fabulous sprays/mists/spritz that are out there. So much fun and the possibilities are endless--for backgrounds, as a card front, chipboard, in art journals/mixed media…and etc. and etc.!

I’ll have projects using all these soon so stay tuned!

13 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh, I really need to get my sprays out now! Thx for sharing Danni!

Denice said...

What a super fun project...I'm lovin' all the bright and shiny flowers. I guess the key to this is letting the spray dry between colors?!! I usually have a mottled brown color when I'm done, LOL!
TFS.
:Dxx

Creations by Shirl said...

these are pretty neat, TFS Danni!
Love the end results....

Sharon Caudle said...

FABULOUS!!! And it looks like you had a blast creating these gorgeous papers too!
hugs, Sharon

Jodi Collins said...

SO fun!! I need to pull mine out!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amanda R said...

Love that flower corner Danni, those bright colors are awesome!

Lynette said...

Such fun ideas, Danni! I almost never use any sprays. Let's see if this can get me motivated:)

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous and you make it look so easy x x x

Shelly said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! Now Im wanting to play. :) I haven't tried sprays in my embossing folders yet.

Shelby said...

What a fun play around! I really love how that last one turned out!

Shelby

Shannon White said...

Wow! Looks like you were having lots of fun Danni!! 8-) I have a few spritzers too, But have not broke them out and tried them yet, So thanks for the inspiration Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun with the mists! :o)

Sheryl. ♥Redonkadoodles♥ said...

I usually like designing images, but after seeing your tutorial... I may have a new calling LOL
RedonkulousDesigns.com