Thursday, October 11, 2012

A little update on me…

I realized today that although I’ve shared things on Facebook, I haven’t shared them on here so I thought maybe I better do a little update post.

Sometimes things in life just weren’t meant to be and that’s how it is with my job at Curves. While I really do enjoy the job, it’s not the right time for me to work. I really thought I was ready to work away from home but I’m not. I miss spending time with my family so much. Even though my hours are very few and my boss is very accommodating to my schedule and such…I just need to be home so last Friday I gave my notice. I gave her until December to find someone though as I know it’s not the easiest task to hire and train someone.

I must say I’m grateful to my boss for giving me the chance to stretch my wings as I learned so much about myself! I plan on continuing to be a member at Curves after I am done working, as my journey to a healthier me is important.

We also recently found out that the owner of the house we are renting here is in default on their mortgage (by 2 years!!) so we’re waiting to see what will happen with that situation as well--whether we’ll move or buy the house.

With all this weighing on my mind I just haven’t felt like doing much but slowly I can feel “me” coming back. The ideas for cards are starting to flow again and I’ve started visiting blogs again and I even caught myself smiling today--just because.

Thank you to all of you who have continued to visit my blog despite the lack of posts and despite me visiting you--I really appreciate it!! It might take me a while to get totally back in the swing of creating and visiting blogs but I’m trying!

I also wanted to share that I also write blog posts on the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart, on Monday’s--which feature the new products and then I am also starting a new weekly blog post on Thursday’s which is Danni’s Picks, which features some products you might not have seen or might have forgotten about! I hope you’ll subscribe/follow to Follow Your Heart so you don’t miss a thing and I’d love for you to stop by my post today, as it’s my first Danni’s Picks! You can visit it HERE!!

Have a wonderful evening! We’re off to get Annabelle signed up for another session of cheerleading! she is beyond excited!!

Butterfly 2 Signature

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Thanks for the update on your life for us non-Facebook people. Sorry your job didn't work out, but I'm glad you're doing what's best for you and your family! Happy stamping! Glad you smiled today:)

Kathi said...

I know that you enjoyed working there, but family time is important, especially when the children are young.

So kudos for making a difficult decision.

I hope things work out well with your housing situation.

June Houck said...

Good luck with the house situation! Glad you are finding your way back to YOU :)

Denice said...

Your post, as odd as this sounds, made me smile....because it came straight from your heart. It's good to hear you're finding your way back to what makes you happy.
:Dxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Good luck with the house and finishing up your job. I'm sure you made the right decision. Hope to see more of your projects as soon as things settle down.

Chrissy said...

Aww..bless you Danni..so great to be home with the family and there is plenty of time to work when they have grown up, and my word they do that so fast...all the best with the house sitiuation, bet he got his hand smacked... and going to pop over to Follow your Heart blog...[and check it out...]

Luv CHRISSYxx
Keep smiling.....

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for the update Danni! Onward and upward girlie!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Danni!
Aw to bad about your job situation, but hey you go to do what you think is right for you and the kiddies.
I'm sure things are going to work out just perfectly for you and the family.. Yes, you need to cherish the moments with the kiddies when they are still young, the way time is flying in no time they will be out of the house....
I'll come by more often to visit you on your blog..
Take care my friend....

Annie said...

good to catch up with you Danni, and great you have done so well at Curves. My MIL is a member in her home town and is so much fitter and healthier these days, wish there was one a bit closer to me. hope you get the house business sorted out too, and keep in touch!
hugs, annie x

Patti J said...

Hi sweetie, I have to applaud you for realizing that your family time is more important than a few dollars. They grow up so very fast, and you will cherish every moment with your family! Good for you, dear friend :) Good luck with the housing situation - hope you get to buy it at a REALLY great price, and don't have to move! Hugs and good thoughts...

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Danni. I completely understand where you're coming from. I've tried to work outside the house to and it just didn't work. Each time I thought I was ready and each time I realized I missed my family so much. I missed being here for homework, dinners. So as much as I enjoyed the job, I needed to be home. Thanks for the update, I thought you were a little quiet. Good luck with the decision on the house and have fun finding 'you' again! You'll be amazed how once one puzzle piece falls into place, the rest will follow a lot easier!

Hugs;
Karen

June Nelson said...

Hiya hunnie so pleased your starting to feel you again, everything will sort itself me darlin huggeis June xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx