Friday, July 12, 2013

A lot of rambling and LOTS of photos!

Happy Friday!From Millan.Net Hope that you are having a fabulous day!! I'll admit I'm still a little off on knowing what day it is but hopefully we'll get into a routine quickly and that will be resolved!


I haven't posted here much about our trip/finding a home adventure so thought I'd touch the highlights for those of you not on Facebook.

Our trip from Washington to Nebraska went well despite me being so tired the first night and following the wrong truck--oops--thank goodness for GPS! All our hotels were decent, a few better than others but overall, a very pleasant trip.

Here's a few photos from our traveling~





Once we got to the Omaha area we had a bit harder time finding a home than we normally do. Seems it's the prime moving season and many weren't ready right now or they didn't allow dogs or they just were too small. Finally we found a 3 bedroom apartment that we liked, that took dogs and was available now so that is where our home is for the next year. It is on the 3rd floor and we have a loft so lots of exercise in my future going up and down stairs. The biggest adjustment, I think, is having to walk the dogs vs. just letting them out in the backyard but so far we've all done well with that. We have a wooded area behind our apartment and so far we've seen deer there--several mamas and babies!! I love that!

We plan on buying a home but the year gives us time to figure out where we want to buy in the area.

I don't have a craft room but my family is so supportive that they have given me the dining room table as my new craft table and have put up with craft supplies throughout the apartment. It's going to be a huge adjustment for me but at least I'm still able to create so that's all that matters.

Here's a few photos of our apartment and my crafty storage/set-up. I have lots of my stuff in the dining room and under the stairs--I feel like Harry Potter under the stairs--and then Belle is sharing the loft with me. 











If you have followed me for very long you also know that I love zoos and one of the reasons we moved to the Omaha area was so I could be close to and hopefully volunteer/work at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium! My hubby already spoiled me and got us a membership and we spent last Sunday there. It was pretty hot so we didn't see it all but it's only about 15 minutes from our apartment so I know we'll go often. Here's a few of my favorite shots from that day~







If you've made it this far, pat yourself on the back! LOL!! I'll quit rambling on for now. I'm hoping to dive into some coloring/creating this weekend so hopefully soon I'll have something crafty to share--I just hope I haven't forgotten how to color and create!!

Enjoy your day/night!!

If all else fails-add pink, sparkle and a butterfly!

16 comments:

Lisa T said...

That's so cool that you are so close to the zoo!!!!! I know how much you love the zoo. WTG hubby for buying the pass! Your new place looks nice. I'm so happy for your family!

Crystal said...

Super fun post Danni awwww I'm with you with the zoos I love animals :) looking forward to your posts now that I'm slowly getting back to blogging I will def stop by and see your gorgeous work :)

Chrissy said...

Fab photos Danni and everyone looks happy and content...even the dogs on your bed..lol..and OMG your black dog looks just like my Harry..good luck with the Zoo job, sounds like fun..

luv CHRISSYxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Well at least your settled in, even if it's just temporary... That year will fly by in no time... And your crafty space is looking spacious for now. As long as you can work around it, yeh!. How exciting being close to the zoo, love animals too. Good luck maybe you can get a temp job there too....Enjoy your wonderful weekend!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Thanks for sharing all these fab photos Danni. Good to hear that you're settled in your temporary home.Aww and how nice is it to have a zoo close by! I love all animals and also love to visit the zoo. Ours is also right around the corner :-)
Looking forward to your gorgeous creations and have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Iris

Laura said...

Glad you made it safely, and so happy you found a place and are starting to settle in... looks like you're all set up to get crafty! How lucky you got a place so close to the zoo, and a membership too! Fun for the whole family! Thanks for sharing, Danni! :)

Lynette said...

Thanks for the update and pictures for those of us not on Facebook. Glad you found a place, even if it's not quite ideal. Continued good luck to you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your place! Looks great and loveeeeee the zoo pics!!

Stef H said...

it's lovely and everyone looks settled. much happiness in your new home.

hugs :)

Me-Ma Kim said...

LOOKS AWESOME, Danni!! Glad you have a home and are settling in. Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

Peggy said...

Looks like you are settling in nicely! I have been following your journey!

Sandi said...

Welcome home Danni....so good to see you settled in. It is a very good idea to have a year to rent to check out the area before buying. We rented here in Florida for nearly 3 years before we bought our home.

Tammy said...

So glad your settled in Danni! Awesome photos!!
Hugs, Tammy

Basement Stamper said...

Your new place looks great, I'm from Omaha-I lived in the Millard North area when I was there years ago. The Zoo is great! Have fun.

*Vicki* said...

Hello Danni! :) Wow!! What a bunch of fabulous photos you've shared!! How fun you get to be close to the zoo! :) Happy that you have settled in now! Just wanted to also let you know that I have a new blog and hope that you can stop by for a visit soon!! HUGS

Following along with you on Feedly

Sue from Oregon said...

What-the dining room? LOL I moved my stuff right in to the living room cuz that's where I live! We are crazy crafters aren't we? Thanks for the tour!