Monday, January 20, 2020

Sheetload of Cards-June 2019-Happy Bird-day!

**Warning! Very photo intensive post!**

This year I am embracing the creative process and also trying new things or revisiting things. One of the things I wanted to really try is to make "sets" of cards. I figured there's no better way to do that then with my friend, Alicia's Sheetload of Cards! If you haven't heard or seen this before, here's the Sheetload of Cards playlist for you to check out.

I want to do all the months that are out (and the future ones too) so I figured I'd start at the beginning of the series with the June 2019 Sheetload of Cards. I love that Alicia gives you the sketch and dimensions for each month's set of cards. It really takes the guess work out of it and makes it super easy!



It was an interesting process for me as normally I grab my stamps to begin a card but this time I grabbed the paper first. I knew I wanted birthday cards so I grabbed some fun birthday paper to start with.

I cut out all the pieces and then decided what stamps to use. I did "cheat" by using some dies and punches for the different elements. I decided to use the Cute Birds stamp set and dies from C.C. Designs. So much fun!

You can see I had a helper again! Alyssa sure does like to help me! hehe!



I assembled all the cards and then colored the birds and cut them out with the dies. I am loving the results of using the tips and techniques I learned in The Coloring Challenge Road Trip Online Class! Here's a comparison photo of one of these birdies that I colored last year and then one of these birdies today! What a difference!


I think this turned out to be one adorable set of birthday cards!


 






I am also trying to branch out and do some videos each month--short and sweet, no editing (yet). So here's my first video of the year too! Click HERE!

I'll be back soon with another set of cards using a different Sheetload so keep checking in!! Have the best day ever!

Stamps~ C.C. Designs Cute Birds,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, C.C. Black Olive,
Cardstock~ SU Crushed Curry, SU Pistachio Pudding, SU Whisper White,
Designer Paper~ SU It's My Party Designer Series Paper,
Other Goodies~ SU Triple Banner Punch, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, MFT Fishtail Flag Frames, C.C. Designs Cute Birds dies, copics, prismacolor pencils, glossy accents, Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen, SU It's My Party Enamel dots,

Here's the individual photos of the cards. I know, tons of photos but I just wanted to show them all!













No comments: