Friday, January 17, 2020

The Coloring Challenge Road Trip Online Class Day 2



Here we are at Day 2 of The Coloring Challenge Road Trip Online Class. I did another 10ish minutes of coloring on the flower, from Power Poppy that I started on Day 1, which you can see HERE!

This process has been very interesting (and challenging) to me but I feel it's something that I've been sort of craving to shake up my coloring.

This first photo shows where I normally would have probably stopped, although truth be told I wouldn't have chosen these colors but I'm loving how they are working together. I can see now looking at this that there's lots of harsh lines and not smooth blending. I normally wouldn't add those "sweet spots" or highlights either. I need to work on that but it's a process.


I also had a bit of help coloring tonight. Alyssa felt she really needed to be RIGHT where I was working. She was NOT pleased when I moved her.


Here's the photo of where I stopped at for tonight. I went in with two colored pencils to smooth out the color and add some dimension to the big flower. I still have more to do but I am really loving where it's headed!! I did discover the paper I'm using really isn't working well with the pencils but I'm doing what I can.


Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon-ish with the finished project!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW!! Danni, I think that is pretty darn incredible!! Your little helper is a cutie pie :)

Kathy said...

Love your flower and left you more feedback on IG. :)