Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Always be a mermaid

I didn't get as many mermaids colored up and put onto cards during MerMay as I had hoped but I have had fun and never fear, there will still be lots more mermaid cards as I have so many ideas!!

Recently I watch Melissa Andrew do a live video on her Facebook page where she showed how to create wonderful mermaid tails so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't do the technique she showed but it gave me ideas to try! On this tail I used Distress Oxide inks to blend it and then I embossed the stars on it with Rainbow Sparkle embossing powder. 



I also used one of Melissa's techniques of rolling a damp paper towel over my background inking to get the texture of water. I tell ya, she's a genius!! 




My image is one from Sweet November. I have the clear stamp set from when it was available at C.C.Designs but good news, this adorable mermaid (and so many others) Nalu is available now at Sweet November!!

I really had so much fun with this card!! Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps~C.C. Designs~Mermaids/Sweet November Nalu, TGF Be a Unicorn, SU Sea Street,
Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Ink Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral, Distress Ink Spun Sugar, VersaMark, Distress Oxide Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean, SU Night of Navy, SU Pacific Point,
Cardstock~ Bristol Smooth, Gina K. heavy weight white, SU Night of Navy,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ copics, Rainbow Sparkle embossing powder, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, Newton's Nook Sunscape Stencil,

1 comment:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

GREAT technique for the tail!!! TFS