Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nestabilities and Tan Embossing Mat

Edited to add: The nestabilites are dies that can cut out the shape and then if you choose, you can emboss around the edge of that shape as well. Here's the link to the actual Spellbinder site that can maybe explain it better. I am so horrible at explaining things!!
Spellbinder's Nestabilities

I've had several friends ask questions about using the Nestabitities in the big shot. Since that's what I have I thought I'd do my best to explain. I also really like the Wizard Tan Embossing Mats so I thought I'd share my experience with those as well.

I am, by far, not the greatest at explaining things but I will do my best.
There are great tutorials on this HERE , HERE and HERE . The first link really has some great photos to show with the instructions and of the different sizes, etc.


To start with, I had to "shim" the die with two very thin cardboard pieces.






Then I added the paper on top and the other acrylic mat. Ran it through the machine.

I wanted to emboss the edges of the scalloped circle so after I ran it through, I carefully lifted off the top acrylic mat and removed one of the cardboard shims. Careful not to move the paper or die.

It should look like this.











Then I added the tan embossing mat carefully on top of the paper/die. I put the acrylic mat on top and ran it through the machine again.



The end result is an embossed scalloped circle.







To use brass stencils in the big shot with the tan embossing mat , it is very simple.

Start with your brass stencil. I again had to add two thin cardboard shims. If the stencil has words, put it backwards so that the words emboss correctly.






Add your paper and then the tan embossing mat and acrylic mat. Run it through the machine. Take it out and flip over.


Voila'......embossed image easy as pie!

No comments: