Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday #52

One year of doing Flutter By Wednesday's! Wow!! So fun!! I'm so happy that more and more people are joining in each week! I just love seeing other's creations!

Be sure to check out last week's post and go visit those that entered in the challenge using Mr. Linky!

This week was a "free" week meaning there was no specific challenge except to use a butterfly OR this is the first week that fairies are allowed!! I'd love to have you play along! Just create a card or project with a butterfly or fairy and then upload the link to Mr. Linky. Or if you upload to a gallery like SCS or PCP, please use the keyword, FBW.

This week's guest designer is Lynn Put from The Queen's Scene. I just love Lynn's work and was so happy when she agreed to be a guest designer. She is just the sweetest person too! Be sure to stop by and say hi to her on her blog! Here's her gorgeous creations for this week~


Our featured team member this week is Cassie! She blows me away each week with her wonderful creations. Be sure to leave her some love on her blog too! Here's her wonderful creation, a memo board! Be sure to check out her blog for close up shots of this beauty!!
Don't forget to check out all the other team members creations and leave them some love!

Ann
Ashley
Cassie
Cathy
Heather
Jodi
Kristie
Michelle
Nancy

And here's my card for the week. I was so excited when Nancy sent me this card and some images to play with! Fun!!
Annabelle helped me pick some of the colors for this card. I was a bit worried as her choice of outfits today was a bit, umm, different. Purple striped shirt, red striped pants, yellow socks. Gorgeous, no?
I was also impatient and didn't wait for the Smooch ink and the stickles to dry. I tried to cut it and well, smeared it. I was late in getting this done so I just left it and tried to distract from it. Sigh, lesson learned, be patient!

supplies:
card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
stamps: image from RAK , TAC Butterfly Swirls-inside
paper: DCWV All Dressed Up stack,
ink: VersaMagic Aquatic Splash, VersaMagic Ocean Depth
others: prismacolors, OMS, Azure Smooch, pixie dust shimmerz, stardust stickles, sizzlit photo corner die, black metallic dew drops, silver geo shaped sparklers, stardust pen

One more little thing....I'm looking for two more flutter by team members. If you're interested, send me an email letting me know why and also a link to your blog. I have a few people in mind but wanted to see if anyone was interested.

29 comments:

Christine said...

Somehow I didn't get Flutterby on my list last week. I don't see any reason I can't do it this week because I always have butterflys. Actually, I just posted one with butterflys but I don't like it much so I'll do something else.

Blessings,
Christine

Kristie W. said...

Congrats on one year of flutter by challenges!

Your card is fabulous! What a neat image and the coloring is wonderful!

Lynn & Cassie's creations are awesome too!

Tina said...

Oh my word, every single thing is just gorgeous! Love them all.

Elizabeth said...

I love butterflies and I just found out about your Wednesday challenges. I will try to do this challenge this week!

Lynn Put said...

Danni thanks so much for having me as your guest designer! Your butterfly card is beautiful! The colors and glitter look fantastic!
and Cassie's message board is so pretty and such a clever idea!

Maria Matter said...

First off, Danni, Belle is so adorable...fashion model in the making!!!
Love the colors and sparkle of your card!!
Lynn's card is very pretty too and Cassie's board is so creative!
What a great post!
Blessings, Maria

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card this week, Danni! I'm so glad that you could use the image...isn't it beautiful? I love how much your sparkles and shimmers! It's awesome!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow! Congrats on your one year! I just was at Cassie's blog and I am blown away by her memo board! Your card is too cute and Lynn's is gorgeous, too...I really like that color combo! Wonderful eye acndy today!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Gorgeous samples today!! I just love your gorgeous creations and I know Cassie is so creative!! :) TFS!

Kim said...

I can't believe it's taken me a year but I finally created something for your challenge and look forward to playing weekly!!! Love your card and pic of Annabelle.

Michelle said...

WhooHoo one year of flutter by's - you've come a long way baby!! Your card is awesome - love the picture of Annebelle. Kids have the cutest since of fashion and what's funny is everyone thinks how cute it is. BUT if they try that at 16 I can pretty much guarentee they'll come home crying cause somebody said something rude to them. Wish we could keep that innocence forever!!

Anyway, Love all the cards & creations.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful!!! Love both your creations but I would love to know how you did the second!! Congrats on one year Danni!

Nicola said...

Congratulations Danni on your 1st Anniversary of Flutter By´s - today is our wedding anniversary so I shall raise my glass to you. Fantastic card - I do so adore butterflies and hope to make a start on a card for this challenge tomorrow. What a sweet child Annabelle is - you must be so proud.
I must thank Maria because I found your blog on hers.
God Bless you both. -x-

Sparkplug17 said...

All of the cards are gorgeous! Belle is such a doll! :)

Ashley Newell said...

Wow, all the cards are just fabulous! I love Lynn, what a great designer! And of course, your sparkly card is awesome, love sparkles!

Belle is just gorgeous!

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary! Been out for the day with the family, so no card yet, just raising a glass of wine to you in congratulations :)

Emily said...

I love the cards, I really like the way the second card opens!

Cathy said...

Super cute image and your colors are great!!

Jodi said...

Congrats on one year of this challenge!!! You did a very pretty card and I can imagine that the glitter took a while to dry...it's so funny because I can't wait for it to dry either!! LOL! I finally got my post up for today!! YAY! Blogger really can act up at times.
Hope you like it!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Christine Riley said...

How exciting, one year with the fltterby challenges, that's fantastic, congrats :) Your card is absolutely beautiful, I love it.
Hugs, Christine :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all the cards, and the living doll, so sweet.

Janna said...

Wow all of these are beautiful!! I love Lynns creations! They are simply stunning and I adore the beautiful bulletin board cassie created! So amazing1 I have to say though that your easter card is beautiful! I love the bright colors and the stickles on the butterfly. I don't notice any smearing! Belle did an amazing job! Gotta love a girl who isn't afraid of color!

Smiles,
janna

Cassie said...

oh danni - love the image you used!!! its beautiful as always!!! lynn's cards are also gorgeous!!! great week!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Danni,

Wow oh my word the guest designer did an amazing job on her card I love love love it!!!

Your card is super cute too and I really like that image and your inside is so so pretty!!! I really enjoy being on the Flutter By Team!!!

Heather

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Danni, Thanks for visiting my page. I had fun with my flutterby card and hope you've enjoyed it too! :) Michelle

Here's the link:

http://daydreamsbymichelle.blogspot.com/

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome challenge blog so glad I found you because I love both butterflies and fariy's. I have left a link and that is where you will find my challenge card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne said...

Congratulations on a year of challenges :).

Love Annabelle's outfit :0)

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Everyone cards are wonderful!

Maria said...

Hey Danni! I just realized I didn't comment this post. I also played in the challenge. . .

http://stampininspirations.blogspot.com/2009/04/hey-friends-this-is-my-second-post-for.html

I love your card. . .it's pretty as always. I'm glad you decided to add fairies to the mix. . .I have few fairies so it'll be fun to add fairies.

Your daughter is so adorable. Such a cute picture of her!!

Maria