Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday # 73

Let the month long birthday bash begin!!

For those of you who are new to Flutter By Wednesday's or haven't heard, I'm turning the big 4-0 on Friday and instead of moping about it, I decided to celebrate all month long with lots of fun here on Flutter By Wednesday's!

Each week there will be something to win and also fun guest designers!

To be entered in the blog candy for each week you will need to answer a question (answers can be found on my blog) and also create a card with the challenge of the week. Each blog candy will run for one week. I'm also allowing my flutter by team to enter the blog candy because I think they rock and they do this for fun~~ no free products so I thought I'd let them have a shot at the prizes too.

To start things off I want to introduce our guest designer for this week. It is none other than Christy Croll!! I just adore her work....which includes stamps for Stamping Bella--the Tiddly Ink line and also way too cute Huggabugg's plus she has an adorable Etsy store too. I must admit I'm still a bit starstruck by her talent.
I first started to get to know Christy last year around Christmas time when she left me a sweet comment on a card using one of her stamps from Stamping Bella. It totally made my whole Christmas as I am just little ol' me and she took the time to comment.
Throughout the year we have emailed a few times and such and I just adore this woman!! I was so honored when she designed my blog and now I'm even more humbled that she agreed to guest design for me. Without further rambling, here's the adorable image she drew for little ol' me for this special month.
Isn't it just the cutest?? I simply adore it!! There might be a chance later on in the month for a few of this image to be given away as line art/digi stamp....so be sure to check back. Be sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love!!

Now for the blog candy for this week! Your challenge is to create a birthday card with a butterfly or fairy on it. Then leave a direct link to your creation in Mister Linky.(I reserve the right to remove any links not appropriate or linked to blogs vs. entries.) After you have left your link in Mister Linky, then leave a comment answering this question:
  • What is my favorite indulgance? You can find this answer somewhere in my blog posts for the last 2 weeks.
You have until next Tuesday night, Sept. 8th at midnight (Mountain time zone) to enter. I will announce the winner next Wednesday, Sept. 9th.
Now I bet you want to know what you could win~ right? Well..here's a photo~



And a detailed list. I chose things from Susana's store that are some of my favorite products and Susana donated a few too!!

From Susana:
From me:
So what are you waiting for?? Go create a birthday card with a butterfly or a fairy on it and get entered to win some fun stuff!!

Don't forget to stop by my Flutter By Team (links on my sidebar) and leave them some love too!!

I will have my card to share tomorrow...this post was too long and well, it's my birthday and I'll do what I want to...LOL!





34 comments:

Justine said...

I am putting it in writing!! I will come play with you this week especially since I am admiring your positive energy or should I say I am feeding off of your positive energy in the hopes that it will pull me out of the "O dear Lord 40, are You sure because in Justine's brain, 40 is OLD" ;o) So bring on your SONshine mizz Danni, I need it.
Hugz,

Christine said...

I know the answer to the question (Dr. Pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cup) but now everyone that post behind me will also know. Or maybe you won't approve these messages. I guess that's what your doing, huh! I forgot that you use comment moderation!

Happy Birthday month!
Christine

Nicola said...

Ooh Danni I think your favourite indulgence has to be choc chip cookies straight from the oven.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kim said...

Happy early birthday, Danni. I hope Thursday brings a case of Dr Pepper and a huge bag of Reese's peanut butter cups :)

Maria Matter said...

Hi Danni!
Christy's image for you is adorable! And the candy looks yummo!
I linked my card!
are we to put our answer to your question here...
DrP/RPBCs
or email you??? lol
Have a super pre-birthday day!
Blessings, Maria

Nancy said...

Yay...awesome blog candy, Danni!! I actually remember your favorite indulgence...Dr. Pepper and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I'm a fan also!!). I love the image...it's very special and so cute!!

Rachel said...

Dr. Pepper and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Now this sounds like some fun you've got cooked up Danni!! I will be pulling out my "stuff" to see what I can do!! :) HUGS

Stef H said...

i wish you sunshine and happy dreams! i think your indulgence (in food) is dr pepper & peanut butter cups) however, in "art" i think it's copics!

tons of hugs,

Michelle said...

Hey Danni - Love that you are doing a month long celebration!! What an awesome way to enjoy the positive!!

the answer is: favorite indulgence is a Dr. Pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cup

I'm so happy to be able to call you friend and to be part of such a wonderful team!! Here's to a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!! Oh and I really hope you get sung to A LOT!! {{wink, wink}}

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, that image is CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Happy early birthday sweet friend! :)

Lelia Pierce said...

Hi Danni and Happy early Birthday to you!!! You go girl! 40 is the new 30 anyway! ;O)
Your fave indulgence is Dr. Pepper and Reece's PB Cups...you must be related to my hubby!

BIG HUGS!!!
Lelia

Michele Spera said...

Oh Danni
We were born on the same day!!only if you think 40 is bad Im turnng 47 on Friday and Im celebrating it at disney world so I cant be down:-) Happy early birthday :-) Hope you have a great one!! I wont be ab le to play along this week cause I dont have my craft supplies here with me, hehe Hugs
Michele spera

Harriet Skelly said...

Happy Birthday Danni - I love your positive attitude about turning 40 - sure beats the alternative! Life just gets better - I'm turning 56 this year and it has been my best year yet! That image is so darn cute!!! Oh yes, your indulgence - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Dr Pepper. Hugs, Harriet

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Two more days of being in your 30's Danni! Enjoy!! Sounds like Sam is spoiling you rotten!!!
Age is just a number. It is your attitude and how you feel that matters. Your attitude is awesome and what a way to celebrate. My birthday is this month too so I think you must be awesome (just like me, tee hee). Seriously, I know you are awesome. Happy Birthday!! Glad to have you as a friend!!

I know your favorite indulgence is Peanut Butter Cups and Dr. Pepper. I love peanut butter cups and Dr. Pepper too but I am on a diet and they are not aloud. LOL! Maybe on my birthday. teehee!

hugs,
Chris

Sheri said...

DANNI! Happy Birthday! You truly deserve..the best birthday EVER! {{{HUGS}}} and...here's hoping you ...get allllllll PBC's & DR.P you could ever hope for! Fingers crossed!!!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday little lady - I will be there next year --- let me know how it feels to turn 40 and how to prepare...I have to say that your indulgences are my some my faves too...dr pepper (diet for me) and recess PB cups - the little ones for me - because it feels I can eat more and feel less guilt :D anyway - hope your bday is fantastic...
xo

Cassie said...

Happy Flutter By Birthday sweet Danni!
I do believe that your fav indulgence is a DP and a Reece's PB Cup.
And your fav color is pink---- eek, totally got that wrong --- sorry, I see purple
on your blog so....what do I know?!?!?
Best,
Cassie

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Danni!!! Have a GREAT one!! I too love your indulgence of Dr. Pepper and Reeces PB cups. especially since i found Diet Dr.pepper w/cherry and the pb cups well i mean hey they are pb cups.lol.
{{hugs}},
Rachel

Jodi said...

Hey Danni!!! I have my post up finally!! What a great giveaway and I know your favorite...Reeses peanut buttercups and Dr Peppper!!
What a cool combo this will make!
2 more days until your special day!!
I'm so happy to be on this team and to share in your day! Happy to have you as a friend!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anna said...

Happy Early Birthday! How cool about your guest designer!

Cheri said...

Happy birthday Danni! I hear you indulge with Dr. Pepper and Reeses peanut buttercups. Thanks for sharing your birthday with us in cyberspace.

Maureen Vollaro, LCSW-R, P.C. said...

Happy Happy Birthday! 40... what can I say... i passed that birthday 1.5 years ago.. Honestly, I didn't like it, but I didn't have much choice either! LOL... might as well enjoy: "Dr. Pepper and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups"...hee hee.
Have a wonderful birthday and I will join the challenge this week!
~Maureen

Christy Croll said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Thank you so much for your sweet words. I totally love chatting with you and your positive life attitude puts me to shame! ;) I wish you a wonderful birth "day" and year that follows!!! Xoxoxo, Christy

Karen Wilson said...

Happy Birthday, again! LOL! I'm just about to link my card and then I'm off to indulge in a nice tall glass of Dr Pepper and a bag of Reece's. Mmmm, my fav!!

scrapperjulia said...

Glad you had a great birthday and I love your card! I posted mine and your favorite indulgence is a Dr. Pepper and Reese's peanut butter cups!

Kathy Jones said...

Your favourite indulgence is Dr Pepper and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!! Strangely enough, extremely hard things to find in Australia! :)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Danni!!
Hope you enjoy your favorite indulgence.....Dr. Pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!!! 8)
I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

Anonymous said...

Hi Danni!! I'm glad you had a great birthday and I know that you love the Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and a Dr. Pepper girl!! :) YUM!! I had fun making this card too!! Thanks for celebrating with us!! HUGS

Annette Bowes said...

Happy Birthday Danni, have a fantastic month celebrating!
Your favourate indulgences are Dr. Pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups (which I have never heard off). Loved the challenge, beautiful blog too, take careX:)

Kat said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday and are still celebrating it!! Your favourite indulgence is a Dr Pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

Kat x

pinky said...

Got your link through Nicola so only just been visiting a week! Found from your birthday post that you love Dr pepper and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups which you told us all to indulge in lol. Hope you had an excellent day and that you don't pine too much for your lovely hubby.
Pinky

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Sending you HUGE Birthday wishes Danni x
I have posted my card details with Mr Linky ... hopefully!! :)
Now I know that your favourite indulgences are Dr. Pepper and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...but I have to confess that I don't know what Peanut Butter Cups are! If they are that good I'd better go and google them to see what I'm missing! lol