Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bird Fairy

I haven't had a chance to ink up my Kraftin' Kimmie stamps (yup, Susana carries them!! so awesome!) much lately so I decided to remedy that and ink up Bird Fairy.
My inspiration for coloring this wonderful fairy came from the artist herself, Crissy Armstrong, here is her blog post with this fairy--isn't that gorgeous?? wow! 
I know my coloring isn't as fabulous as hers but it was fun to try the "dots" for the background. 
I used my chocolate copic glitter pen on the braids in her hair. For the "pearls" on the scalloped piece--which comes that way in the paper pack, totally cool--I used my Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen. For her ribbons I used my fav Creative Inspirations Paint in Blue Ice. For some final sparkle, as we know I love sparkle, I used the gorgeous Viva Decor Holographic Glitter Liner on the veins in her wings.
I must say that I love how this card came out and it really renewed my passion for stamping/card making!! Don't ya love it when that happens? 


supplies:

31 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my! Such a stunning card!!!

jan farnworth said...

this is one of my favorite images i seen from them it on my wish list. You did a great job with her. Love your card.

Unknown said...

ahhh adorable.

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty! I love the DP and stamp!

Nancy said...

Just stunning, Danni!! I love the way you colored her hair!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous, Danni! Just love it ... and so beautifully colored!

Annie said...

fabulous card with this cute fairy, and I love your dotty background!
hugs, annie x

Crystal said...

OOO Danni I love this fairy...she is a beauty..You always have the BEST image sweetie~!!!! Gorgeous work!

Kimberly S said...

She is a lovely faerie! I like how her coloring is bold and the 'dots' are the light version of her colors, really shows her off. :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a sweet card!

dolcreations said...

This is so beautiful Danni! You coloured her perfectly! I just love the dots for the background...very nice!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL, so VIBRANT!!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Danni!

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is exquisite!
Hugs,Connie

Betty Wright said...

Danni, this is totally amazing! Beautiful design and the coloring is WOW! Great card!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful! I love the color combo!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwww, she's GORGEOUS and I love your colors....so vibrant and fun. Love the sparkle too!

Kim said...

Absolutely love it Danni! Gorgeous work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just so cool. I have tried the dot effect, but not with the best results so far...but gonna try again!

Jaspere said...

This is fabulous. You always add just enough sparkle.

Unknown said...

Love how you colored this one! Awesome job!

debbies said...

Very pretty colors! I should use blue more.

Dawn B. said...

Wow what a card.. Your coloring is beautiful..I LOVE the background.. Great job.

Angela said...

It's been a long time since I've stopped by, but I look at all your post!! Just not enough time to comment!!! But I made some time this morning, I'm using my work computer!!lol.. I really love this image Danni she is so adorable!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Danni! LOVE that fairy image! Great coloring! :o)

Tina said...

Wow Danni, this is amazing! Those large images just scare me to pieces.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Danni! your coloring is fabulous and that paper choice is just perfect!!
hugs,
Rachel

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous card. This image is fabulous.

Maria Matter said...

Gorgoeus Danni!
blessings!

Anne said...

Oh, wow, what a beautiful card, love the background Danni!

Creative Inspirations said...

What a beautiful card. You make some amazing cards!!