Monday, July 19, 2010

Trying something new

I think as crafters we should always look to improve our skills to try new things! I recently sat down and just truly looked and studied many copic coloring tutorials, some of my favorite crafters blogs and so on. Just to absorb some of the talent out there, to see what I can do to make my creations better, or maybe not better but different. 

One of my most favorite crafters is Mary Giemza. I just am so in awe every time I visit her blog over her coloring skills and her creations.

I took the time to just play around and follow her tutorial on cutting out images and highlighting images.

I used a new Motivet stamp I won on the Friday Sketchers blog, Fairy with butterfly.

I still have lots of practice to do but this was a fun technique and one I can see myself doing often as I just love the way it makes your image look.


supplies:
Have you seen the new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps? No? They are so fun!! and Susana has them in stock ready to come to your house!! Be sure to check them out and order a few for yourself!

17 comments:

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

This is so pretty and cute. You did a great job with the coloring. I'm practicing and yours looks a lot nicer then mine. I really love the papers that you used also.

tfs
bobbi

Cami said...

Your coloring is beautiful, Danni. Your card is lovely and great DPs. Cami

Randi WS said...

Oh Danni, this card is really beautiful!! The image looks GREAT!! Love it!
And those papers are really beautiful too :)

Hugs, Randi WS ;)

Michele Spera said...

Hi Danni:-)
You did a wonderful job! the main thing with the copics is ...have fun:-) don't stress, the more practice the better the feel for the markers:-) Love the colors you used
XmicheleX

Cindy Haffner said...

She is so PRETTY, love her wings.

Tina said...

Oh my gravy, this is amazing. Love those sparkly wings.

Angela said...

You did an awesome job Danni!!! I too just adore her work!!! I really need to look at some tutorials, which is something I never do!!! I did a hair and skin coloring tutorial that will post today at 12 PST, 2 CST. And that took me forever to do!! I may do more in hte near future!!!
I really do love how this turned out!
Hugs:)
Angela

Michelle VP said...

Ooooh, oh so pretty! Thanks for pointing out a new blog and tutorial to me. :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous image and colors!!

Lorie said...

Super lovely Danni!

Crystal said...

Oh my Danni you did an amazing job coloring this sweetie!! I LOVE LOVE her wings and your beautiful layout and embellies!! Gorgeous sweetie!

Christine said...

beautiful!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Danni, this card is totally breathtaking!!!! I love the way your image looks! Fantastic!
hugs!
Sharon

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

stampinfrog said...

Your card is beautiful Danni!Excellent job on the coloring!
Hugs,Connie

Brandi said...

This is gorgeous Danni!!! Love it! :)

Karen Wilson said...

This is GORGEOUS!