Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crafter’s Workshop Templates

My DT Sister, Lorraine has a wonderful tutorial on the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart, on using stencils/templates~ HERE~ so I thought I’d get out my newest Crafter’s Workshop Templates and do some playing.

Here I sponged ink onto the Aspen Trees. Won’t this make a pretty background? Just think of how striking it would look with darker, rich colors like a deep purple or even a dark blue or even black!

aspentreea

For the Palm Tree I decided to try multiple ink sponged on. Again, what a neat background!

palmtreea

For my last one today I took the Flames and traced them with a copic multi-liner .03 pen and then colored them in. So fun!! (I forgot what paper I had used and it was not copic friendly so I used my SU markers which still gave a neat effect, I thought)

flamea

So whatcha’ waiting for? Go get some stencils/templates and have fun!!

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Cool! I need to get some of these! Love those backgrounds! Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

Jen Shults said...

Look at all the fun you have been having! I'm a bit jealous. I love love love those trees! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

vc said...

These are SO cool! Love them!