Wednesday, March 25, 2015

You Rock!

Hello there!! Today I have a card to share that was so much fun to make!!

First I colored up the newly released, Number One from the Art by Mi Ran collection at Whimsy Stamps. I used my copics and really had fun giving her jeans texture. I had posted these photos on Instagram and Facebook and then realized several people didn't know how to do this technique so I thought I'd just explain as it's a really fun and easy technique to use!

Once you have the area colored that you want to add texture, in this case the jeans, you'll need some colorless blender and some fabric, in this case a swatch of denim. (I would do this technique before you color around the area you're adding texture to so that it doesn't accidentally get onto other colored areas)



I didn't get photos of the next step but it's super easy. Just put a little of the colorless blender onto the fabric/denim and then set it onto your colored area. I push it down for a few seconds and then remove. Let it dry and voila', instant texture.

You can experiment with different fabrics to achieve different results. I have used an old towel for a "fuzzy" texture on an animal before. The possibilities are endless!!

Here's the end result of the jeans~


To finish my card I had fun with the Whimsy stamp set, Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats. To finish it off I used my favorite Whimsy sentiment set, Everyday Moments.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges~
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon! Before I leave wanted to let you all know that there's a Spring Sale at Whimsy Stamps!! It ends Thursday the 26th so hurry over and do some shopping!!



Stamps~ Whimsy Stamps-Number One, Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats, Everyday Moments
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, SU Real Red, SU Basic Grey, SU Smoky Slate
Cardstock~ Copic Xpress It, misc white
Designer Paper~ 
Other Goodies~ copics, denim fabric/colorless blender

10 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

The jeans look awesome Danni. What a cool technique, I should give it a try some day, tfs! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE YOU ROCK!!!!! This came out AWESOME looking!!! What a fun technique too!!!
hugs, Heidi

Denice said...

Not only do I love the jean/material technique you showed, I think the background stamps you used are AWESOME! A wonderfuly fun and creative card!

Lisa T said...

This is adorable! Live the jean texture.

Ellibelle said...

Finally got a chance to stop by and check out the Jeans technique. Thanks so much for sharing how you did it. Definitely need to try this!
Gorgeous card by the way, loving the colors you used!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, that denim texture trick is amazing! What a cool idea!! Love your fab CAS card. Thanks for sharing your clever tip too. Hugs, Wends x

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Lovely card, cute image!Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous texture and design, love it.

Unknown said...

Oh, that jeans technique rocks! ;) Cute stam and pretty card.
Cheers, Maya S. | Ealing End of Tenancy Cleaning

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

You rocked the jeans. Cool card.