Thursday, August 6, 2015

Best Thoughts

I've been in a bit of a rut with creating lately so I decided this week to do something different, something fun! I decided to give watercoloring a whirl! I have only tried this once before, and that was before I really knew much about it so I'm counting this as the first time. LOL!

I used my Stampin' Up markers for my watercoloring this time around. I scribbled them on an old CD case and then used a paintbrush with water to pick up the color and color my image. 

I must admit that I enjoyed this process/technique way more than I expected to! I love the end result as it's softer and more forgiving than the copics are. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my copics but am adding different styles/techniques. For an early birthday present I am also getting the new Zig Clean Color Markers. I am super excited about those!

So enough rambling...here's my first watercolor project!



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back again soon!! Also for those of you interested in the Flutter By Blog Hop, I'll post more info on that soon!

Stamps~ SU-Best Thoughts, SU-Kindness Matters
Ink~ Ranger Jet Black Archival ink, SU Marina Mist
Cardstock~ watercolor paper, SU Crumb Cake, SU Calypso Coral
Designer Paper~ none
Other Goodies~ SU markers-Cucumber Crush, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, doily, SU pearls

3 comments:

Denice said...

Oh so pretty Danni! Watercoloring is so much fun and a lot less easier than coloring. A gorgeous card!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh Danni, this is beautiful!

Christine Dol said...

Way to go Danni...trying this technique.You did a great job! Love ti!