Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday #53

Happy Flutter By Day!! I'm so excited for today!! Why you ask? Because I get to introduce new team members!! Yay!! Thank you to all who emailed me, I couldn't add all of you but I've kept your info for later!!

So please be sure to stop by and welcome the following talented ladies to the Flutter By Team! Kim, Harriet, Nicola, Stef, and Chris!

Also be sure to check out all the great creations from last week here (at the bottom in Mister Linky)! I'm so happy to see more people playing along, so fun!

Starting this week our team members will also put their creations into Mister Linky so be sure to stop by and leave them some love! Their links are always on my left sidebar too! Several of them were under the weather this week so please leave them some love even if their creation isn't there!

The challenge this week is to create a card with a butterfly or a fairy (and just for clarification, we decided any person with wings can qualify as a fairy because it's too hard to judge some of the images out there) plus use punches or diecuts on your creation! I'd love to see your creations! Just enter the direct link to your creation in Mister Linky below. If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword, FBW. Also, just a side note, please make sure your creation has a fairy or butterfly on it...I've seen some awesome cards linked but no fluttering on them! Thanks!

Our featured team member this week is Kristie! Kristie and I met online several years ago in a scrapbooking yahoo group. Since then I tease her that she's my stalker as we always end up on the same groups. She is so sweet and I am so happy that I've been able to get to know her (and enable her) over the years. Hehehe!!

I was a bit overwhelmed when I sat down to make my card for this week as now that fairies are allowed there are so many choices, but that's a good thing. I finally decided I needed to use my newest Sugar Nellie image, Catch a Butterfly. When I first saw her I knew she had to come live at my house. Isn't she just so cute?
I've seen so many people on the web adding little crystals, rhinestones and pearls to the bodies of flutter by's so I just had to try it! Yes, I'm a follower! LOL!


Supplies:
card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
stamps: Catch a butterfly, TAC Butterfly Bits on inside
paper: some I've had for-evah!
ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette French Lilac, VersaMagic Pretty Petunia
others: prismacolors, OMS, EK Sucess corner punch,
copic glitter pens, CM punch, rhinestone stickers,

Have a happy fluttering day!!

38 comments:

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Your new Sugar Nellie is so sweet! I love the gems on the butterfly's body. I had fun with this challenge!

Nicola said...

Wonderful cards, well done Kristie and Danni ... I adore both those images. -x-

Cami said...

Hi Danni! Looks like a fun challenge and I love butterflies. Love your Sugar Nellie card...she's so pretty and reaching out to the little butterfly is so cute. I love lavender and purple, too. Have a great week! Hugs, Cami

Stef H said...

Very pretty. I love the inside!

Hugs,

Kim said...

So pretty, Danni. Thanks again for welcoming me to the team.

Tina said...

Awesome cards! Love the sparkle and bling.

Ann Kranitz said...

Sweet sweet Danni!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Danni and Kristi!! Love your fairies!! Your inside is even gorgeous Danni! Thanks for a fun challenge!!

Nancy said...

Danni, the inside of your card is awesome, as usual! I love the colors and coloring on your Flutter By card...what a beautiful image. The softness of your card makes it stellar!

Kristie, you rocked it...I love it!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Danni, this is such a pretty card! I'm going to try and get a card done for this week too. :) M

Stef H said...

OK. I did another one. This is just way too much fun!

Hugs,

Lynette said...

What beautiful card they are - just SO pretty!

Lynn Put said...

These are wonderful butterfly cards! Both of them are so sweet!

Tammi said...

Both so pretty! Love yours in purple and cute how you put the butterflies in the corners.

stampinfrog said...

Ohhh Danni your card is so sweet! I love the color(purple is my fav) and your coloring is fabulous!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Maria said...

Hey Danni! Your card is beautiful.. . .love all the purples and that image is so adorable. I'll try to play again this week. I have a lot of punches so this challenge is a great way to use them!!

Maria

Sparkplug17 said...

The cards are darling! So are your children's drawings! :)

Christine said...

I see why she had to come live at your house! She is very cute. I love the butterfly stamp on the inside too.

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creations!!! Just wanted to say congrats to the new ladies!! How fun!! :) I hope to get the time to play sometime soon!!! Happy stamping everyone!

Rita said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for commenting on my blog today!

MarieL said...

What a cute card and a lovely Sugar Nellie image....

Diane said...

Super sweet Danni!!! Love your coloring and the inside of the card is fabulous!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Danni and the image is gorgeous, beautiful colouring, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Hi Danni! Hope you are well! These cards are so cute!

Michelle said...

Love your card - it's so pretty and the butterfly on the inside is awesome (I'm a HUGE fan of that set!). I can't wait to get that sugar nellie stamp for myself!!

Lynette said...

OK. I just made a card with a butterfly sticker, and I thought I'd link it here. So I did! :)

stampinfrog said...

I finally got a set of fairies and made a card for the flutter by wenesday. I hope you like it!
Hugs,Connie

Jodi said...

This is such a pretty card Danni!! You used purple so well, I have a hard time using purple. LOL!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I'm entering the "inside" of the card I posted last week since I just barely finished it today. :) And it has another pretty butterfly to enjoy! Thanks for letting me play! Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Danni, Great card! I'm bummed I didn't get this little darlin...I almost did now I regret not getting it...boohoo. Love the color. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I'll be stopping by often.
happy stamping
Christine

Christine Riley said...

So, so sweet, love it!
Hugs, Christine

Kristie W. said...

Love your Sugar Nellie! Very cute card, love all the purple :)

Cathrine said...

What a cute image! Great job coloring it!! Looks wonderful.

Stef H said...

Am I hogging up the place? This is way too much fun!

Hugs,

Cassie said...

oh wow danni!! this just blows me away!!! i ADORE it!!! I have not seen that image but she's just cute - you really brought her to life!!

And i ADORE the corner punches with the little butterflies in them! SO SO CUTEE!

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Great cards Danni and Kristie!

Anonymous said...

I love fairies and butterflies so this challenge was right up my alley. Thanks for the fun challenge!

Abby:)

Heather said...

Not sure where my mind was this week because I didn't see this either. I absolutely love your catch a butterfly card. You colored her so beautifully!!! I now feel like I HAVE TO HAVE her, lol. Hopefully I will still find time to play along with this. Hope you are having a great weekend!