Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still not good...

I picked Freckles up. She ate a little bit while she was there but she's still not out of the woods. The vet is pretty concerned. He's worried because most reactions don't last this long at this severity. There is parvo going around and he's worried that we're thinking it's a reaction when it might be something worse. He did say that parvo dogs won't eat and Freckles is eating some so hopefully.
He gave her some meds to stop the vomitting for 12 hours and I have to try to get something into her tonight. Chicken soup, rice.....anything mild.
So we're far from out of the woods.....please keep her/us in your thoughts.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh I'm sorry sweetie. Keep us posted!

Tammi said...

I really hope Freckles gets better! hugs

deb said...

Oh Danni, I am saying prayers for Freckles. I hope you see some improvement soon. They are such a worry! Like a new baby in the house!
hugz

Unknown said...

Danni, Sam, Matthew & Bell,

I am praying for a speedy recovering for Freckles. I do know the trials and tribulations you can have with your fur babies. I will pray that she gets better soon and that this is just a horrible bug she has and will be back to normal chasing after the kids and running non-stop. Prays my friends.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN