Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday #66

Welcome to another Flutter By Wednesday!! I'm so happy you stopped by!

I can not bring to words how happy I am to see my little ol' challenge finally take flight like it has. Thanks so much to my amazing Flutter By Team and to all of you who stop by and also play along. I truly appreciate it and I LOVE seeing all those fluttering creations!

The challenge this week is brought to you by team member, Cathy. Her challenge is to use the colors pink and brown with your butterfly or fairy. I'd love to see your creations! Leave a direct link to your creation in Mister Linky, (I reserve the right to remove any links not appropriate or linked to blogs vs. entries.) If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword, FBW. Can't wait to see all those fun flutter by creations!

I also wanted to announce that Michelle is now our team leader. Next month Sam should be home on his 2 week R&R and I'm not sure exactly what we're doing so I wanted to have someone to oversee the challenge...just in case. Thanks to Michelle for taking on this new title
and all it entails!!

Don't forget to stop by all the team members sites to see their fluttering creations! Links are on my sidebar! Nicola was unable to get her creation done this week as she has a family emergency to tend to, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

I had a hard time choosing what to create my card with this week...so many fun fluttering stamps! Here's what I ended up with~ hope you like it!
I tried something new (for me) on her skirt. I stamped it two extra times on white cardstock and then adhered it before adding the last designer paper piece. I really like the way
it added dimension to it. I know others do this alot but first time for me trying it.




Supplies:
card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
stamps: Eloise Greengrass,
paper: Neenah Solar White, Basic Grey Bittersweet, sparkle cardstock
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
others: copics, gold glimmer shimmerz, CM cutting system, SU Button Bouquet and SU Button Latte, white scrappers floss (colored with copics),


Also, don't forget about the blog candy at Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart! Go enter if you haven't already!!

*Edit~ I don't know what has happened to Mister Linky, I've tried all I know to get it to appear and it's just not working today (Wednesday) so if you don't see it, please just leave a link in your comment to your wonderful creation, thanks!*

Second edit...I found Mister Linky..no need to "relink" if you've left your link in the comments unless you want to. Thanks and sorry about the problem! (also, I have to go into each FBW post to change part of the code for Mister Linky to appear....this week has been a challenge for me so I'm only going to do a few weeks back for the moment. Thanks




48 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Ohhhhhhhh, aahhhhhhhh. You did an outstanding job, Danni.

Peggie said...

How sweet. Love the colors.

Stressed Stamper said...

stunning card as always Danni
Sarah

Kim said...

Danni, she's so beautiful - I love her skirt! I didn't see Mr. Linky but here's my creation - I'm very excited today about mine and some special giveaways:

http://impressyourself.typepad.com/impress_yourself/2009/07/flutter-by-with-cutting-cafe-giveaway.html.

Nancy said...

Danni, this is such a great stamp...she is so cheery!! I love it! And, I love your background paper! Fabulous!

Stef H said...

oh this is a beauty! so colorful. and wooo hooo that sam is coming home!!!!

hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous creation Danni!! Love your design and paper piecing!! Fab job! Since Mr Linky is missing, I thought I would try to leave a direct link. Hereis my entry!

Karen Wilson said...

What a cute card! I love how you added your dimension. Paper piecing is so much fun!! I have this stamp as well and find she's very easy to work with.

Off to create!! TFS!

Tina said...

Wow, so pretty! I love the papers and that super sweet image.

Aud said...

A gorgeous card!♥♥♥

Hugs,
Aud

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Danni, she's so gorgeous!!! I love her and how you colored her! Fantastic card!
hugs!

Tanya said...

Fabulous card! Her skirt looks great.

Cindy Haffner said...

Fantastic, love your sweet card.

Lelia Pierce said...

Lovely card, Danni! Outstanding!
Here is mine!
http://greengoddescreations.blogspot.com/2009/07/slowly-fluttering-but-fluttering.html

Hugs,
Lelia

Stef H said...

that darn old Mr. Linky

Here's mine!

hugs,

Crystal said...

AWWW So darling girl!!!

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Danni! Love the colors and those big buttons :)

Cindy Haffner said...

What fun here is mine. http://cindyhaffnerscorner.blogspot.com/2009/07/ice-cream-riley_15.html

Cindy Haffner said...

Darling!!
Here is mine. http://cindyhaffnerscorner.blogspot.com/2009/07/ice-cream-riley_15.html

Jami said...

AWesome card - I love this little fairy!! And that skirt is just perfect with the paper pieced dimension - I love it!!! I hope you and Sam have a wonderful 2 weeks, and that the remainder of his deployment goes quickly for you both!! {hugs}

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is just precious!! Adorable card and such beautiful colors dear!! :)

Anna said...

Super cute! Love the paper piecing!

Here is my take on the challenge.

Maria Matter said...

Such a pretty little fairy!

Checkout my butterfly card today Danni....I didn't use the right colors for your challenge (boohoo) but I'm giving away some fun butterflies....hop over if you have a chance!

I'll make another card with the right colors! :)
Blessings, Maria

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is just gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Ok this is AWESOME - love how you did her skirt and she's so pretty!! You rock!

Thanks for asking me to be team leader - I'm happy to help out and I so love the FBW team!!

Hope things are going better today - thinking about you!!

{{hugs}}

Karen Wilson said...

Mr Linky seems to have disappeared from a few blogs today!

Here's my entry for this week!

http://creationsbykw.blogspot.com/2009/07/flutter-by-wednesday-challenge-66.html

Tara said...

One of my all time fave stamps Danni and she looks gorgeous paper pieced like this - such a fab card! xx

Kimberly said...

This is perfect!! Love her skirt!

Harriet Skelly (hskelly on SCS) said...

Maybe Mr Linky is on vacation! Great card Danni! Here's a link to my FBW card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1413792?cat=500&ppuser=18530
Hugs, Harriet

Meli Palmer said...

I'm a first timer!

http://theglittergoddess.blogspot.com/2009/07/flutter-by-wednesday.html

shelly said...

i posted in mr linky :) fun theme this week! thanks!!

Patti J. said...

Danni - beautiful job on your card - LOVE the skirt! I can't seem to remember your challenge! I have it on my calendar now for next Weds.!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Danni,

Wonderful job on this and I love your creation that image is adorable and I love the paper piecing and dimension you added!!! Love the Bling too!!!

I added my link in Mr. Linky!!!

Heather

Lynn Put said...

Such a sweet card! Your coloring and paper piecing look fantastic!

Deb Neerman said...

Wow! This is fantastical! LOVE your paper-piecing, great job!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally sweet! Love the paper pieced skirt...fabulous way to introduce the colours!

Shelly said...

So pretty and feminine. I love the way you did her skirt. I'm hoping to get back into your challenge soon. I miss it.

Cami said...

Very sweet card, Danni! Love what you did to her skirt with that paper-piecing and layering! Cami

Shauna K said...

Such a cute card! Great job with the paper piecing :D I like using 3D foam to pop up mine, but I like how yours still looks flat but still has dimensionality! I'm gonna have to try that idea :) And yayyyy for R&R! Hooah! :D Doesn't matter what you end up doing, as long as you're together :) Thank you to your family for your service.
- another Army wife :)

Tammi said...

Beautiful, love her pretty dress!

Cassie said...

she's just so cute danni! love the paper you used and the buttons too!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Danni! She is one of my very favorite Bella's!! TOO cute!

Martina said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I love it!

Sporty Stamper said...

Pretty card. Here is my first attempt at this challenge.

http://sportystamper.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-flutter-by-wednesday-66.html

Maria Matter said...

Such a sweetheart of a card Danni!

I left a link with Mr Linky...but I'll leave it here too! :)

This card's dedicated to you!
... Joyful Stamper: Cast your cares upon me!

Blessings, Maria

Netta said...

Hey Danni...I added my link to Mr Linky for my butterfly challenge using brown and pink!

Netta said...

Danni...can you delete the first post! I got my images all mixed up...#14 is the correct one. thanks and sorry for the confusion!

Beverly G said...

Love your little flower fairy. I finally got a butterfly on the card you can see without a magnifying glass.