Sunday, November 21, 2010

I feel so accomplished!

My scraps, especially my cardstock scraps, were out of control so I sat down and organized them! I went through them all and instead of just having one place for all of them just thrown in, I separated them by color into 3 containers...3-4 colors per container. I can even close the lids! Woo-hoo! I feel like I conquered the scraps! Now hopefully this will help me use them even more!

My kids are on Thanksgiving break for the week and we don't have many plans so hopefully that means lots of crafty time but we'll see. 

I thought I'd like to play along with some challenges so first off we have the Paper Pretties challenge which is to create a thank you card. I had planned on using Everyday Lily for this but....then I saw my friend Nancy had used her (and did a fab job) so I challenged myself to use something different.

Here's what I came up with using Giving Thanks Sophia. I paper pieced her dress and bow as they just screams paper piecing. The paper is some new Basic Grey Curio.



I used the sketch from this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #94.




The little details~ Giving Thanks Sophia, Memento Tuxedo Black, copics, Basic Grey Curio, cardstock scraps--yup, I actually USED them!, nestabilities, copic mult-liner, dew drops--on sale!, flowers, Prima card jewelry, stickles,

30 comments:

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Congrats on the scrap organization! That is HUGE!
Adorable card. Love the greens and all the patterns combined.

Tamara S said...

That is such a sweet card! : )

Cindy Haffner said...

Danni she is so PRETTY!

Christine said...

I love your card! The paper piecing is fantastic.

I save my cardstock scraps just by color family warm, cool and neutral. That works great for me!!!

I need to get to work on doing my dp scraps. I have them all in two drawers and don't really look through them very often. Oh well!

Peggy said...

Darling card Danni! Love the colors on this one and congrats on getting the scraps in order!

Lorie said...

This is so sweet Danni!

Junie said...

Aww Danni this is such a cute card !!! I love all those papers you have used

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so sweet Danni and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Christina said...

This is a gorgeous card Danni! Looks really amazing dear!
Hugs Kristel

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh she is so adorable, love the new dp you used and the great design. But I am so jealous that your scraps are organized, lol, thanks for the inspiration, I need to do that same.

Anonymous said...

It does feel so good to organize, doesn't it?!! Love your beautiful image with the paper piecing hun!!HUGS

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The paper pieced dress is so cute. Great job on conquering your paper scraps.

jacque4u2c said...

I always feel a relief when I have straightened my scrap mess too. Of course it never lasts long - but it sure feels good at the time. ;o) I just love this card and how you did the dress.

Maria Matter said...

oh she's gorgeous Danni! I love this card!!!
well done with organizing too!
hugs & blessings!

Karen Wilson said...

This is so cute, Danni! I did the same with my paper scraps on Friday..amazing what we save!

Lynette said...

Totally adorable, Danni! Great job on getting some organization done, too!

Monique said...

Simply adorable image.. I love her paper pieced dress.... so cute :)

nicolet said...

Wow what a lovely card!!
hugs Nicolet

Michelle VP said...

Congrats on the scrap organizing! Love how sweet this girl looks in her green paper-pieced dress! The matching hairbow steals the show! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Adorable, Danni!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, such a pretty card!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific piecing and great layout Danni! Glad you got your rings back (since your hand feels naked without them!).

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Danni!

debbies said...

How adorable!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! And I love your new ring!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Great idea w your scraps and DARLING card!

Tina said...

What an adorable card!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is lovely Danni - the paper piecing is perfect!

Heather said...

Danni, this is GORGEOUS! What an absolutely wonderful card! I hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving!

Tammi said...

She's sweet and what beautiful papers used, love this! Woohoo on organizing that paper, you can come over anytime and do mine, lol!