Sunday, November 11, 2012

Altered Clipboard

Years ago a friend altered a clipboard for me as a gift and it is still one of my favorite things so I thought I’d try my hand at altering one. I found these cute little clipboards at Walmart so thought I’d try a little one first.

steampunkeyesaf

I really sat down without a plan and just let the creative process flow. I started with my designer papers- Bazzill Timeless. I happen to have an extra package of this fab paper so I will pick one commenter on this post to send it to!

steampunkeyesae

I just cut the paper into strips/sections and then used mod podge to adhere it. Next I sanded the edges just a touch and waited for it to dry. I then brushed on Luminarte Silks in Honey Amber and Solar Gold. Once that was dried I stamped Unique from the Authentic Words Set from Susana Loves Stamps in Archival Jet Black ink several times.

steampunkeyesad

I wanted an image on this so I decided that Steampunk Eyes from Susana Loves Stamps would be perfect. I inked her up with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored her with copics and cut her out. I added touches of sparkle with a stardust pen. After I cut her out I noticed she just sort of disappeared into the design of the paper so I took some more Luminarte Silks in Vavoom Red and painted an area for her to be placed on so she’d stand out.

steampunkeyesac

steampunkeyesacu

steampunkeyesab  

I adhered her with The Best Glue Ever and then added some diamond glaze to her goggles. To finish the clipboard I added some ribbons and fibers to the top.

steampunkeyesa

I made this for a very special friend so I hope she likes it.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great one!

14 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Omg! This is drool running down my face gorgeous!!! Outstanding job, so darn cute!

Denice said...

This is really pretty Danni! I love the Vavoom Red and how this gorgeous gal stands out because of it. I just know your friend is going to love this!
:Dxx

Lorie said...

Nice job Danni! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the designs on them, they make great gifts too....stocking stuffer's.

Creative M said...

Gorgeous!Great gift idea!

Michaela said...

Hi Danni
Thank you very much for your lovely comment and becoming my follower. I am honoured!
Your altered clipboard is absolutely amazing!
Michaela xx

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Danni, I must try this :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Mary J said...

Oh wow, that is so fab, Danni!

Dana White said...

Danni this is stunning. I'm sure your friend will love it!!

Wishcraft said...

Wow so clever and creative hun! It's fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Faye said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous. I'd just want to carry it everywhere so people could see it! X

Tammi said...

She'll love it, wow, love how you did that background! Beautiful!

Joann Burton said...

WOW, Danni this is wonderful. I love the way you altered this looks like something you bought in a store. Just wonderful....joann sassy raggedy

Cyndi said...

So fun and creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails