Thursday, September 25, 2014

Too much buying, too much thinking, not enough stamping

I have been on a real buying spree lately. LOL! So many cute, cute stamps out there and so many fun supplies from SU that I couldn't resist. Now I just need to find the mojo to USE what I've bought.

Which has me thinking way too much and looking through my stamps and seeing how many have not been inked up or how many I still just adore but haven't used in a long time. 

What is it about me and wanting to have the latest cutest stamps? I really need to change my focus from my Veruca attitude to a use it attitude.

I thought about trying to challenge myself to use them or get a group together and challenge each other but I also know my follow through probably isn't there so I think that idea is out the window.

I guess I'm just rambling. Does anyone else just feel they are chasing their tails when it comes to buying vs using your supplies?? I hope I'm not the only one. 

Off to try and find that mojo.....and I'll leave you with this for the day~


6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

We must have been channeling each other...I have had these exact thoughts this week...just too much stuff and too little time to use it!

Lyn said...

I so agree, I have stamps that I thought I couldn't love without that are still waiting to be inked up. There are so many that I love and not enough dollars to buy them all :). I keep telling myself to stop spending and use what I have then in three months time I can place one huge order and have a ball...................will I do it though :)

Kristie said...

I <3 shopping for stamps LOL! There are certain companies that always grab my attention but other times I "stress" shop like I did earlier this morning.

I don't really have a solution but to get myself to use some of my new/old stash, I went through all pulled out what I could find that starts with A&B and put them in a basket along with any paper pads that started with a&b. Not making much progress on using them BUT when I don't have something specific in mind, I grab from the basket. I may never make it through the alphabet at this rate but it gets me to use different things :-)

Patti J said...

Bwahahaha....Shirley and I have this conversations weekly.... Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am with you there! I can hardly fit myself in my craft room.

Carisa said...

Absolutely! I had to have the great Spring purge and once I did that, I found that I enjoyed creating again. There were stamps I sold that I had never used and just "had to have" but finally I realized if I hadn't used them by now, I probably never will and it was too much pressure to keep them around. I have recently gone on a little spending spree getting some things I'd been wanting on my list for a long time and I'm challenge myself to use them right away instead of hoarding it away for that "perfect moment" that for some reason never happens! LOL I recently got a card kit from SSS and I had gotten a couple in the past that I never EVER used so this time I kept it out and before putting any of it away I made myself make a couple cards. That sparked a few more ideas and I'm still creating cards with it today (granted, I just started yesterday. LOL) but I feel good about it and now it feels like I didn't waste all that money. ;) Keep doing what makes you happy whether it is buying your favorite stamps or stamping with them. Just enjoy what you do, whatever that may be. We go through seasons as artists and with a new full time job, I'm sure it is tough to find that mojo at the end of the day. It will come back, promise!