Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Coloring Challenge Road Trip Online Class Day 1


I have taken many coloring classes through the years but I'm always on the lookout for new techniques and such so I signed up for The Coloring Challenge Road Trip Online Class. It is taught by Kathy Racoosin who runs the 30 Day Coloring Challenges. I was intrigued by her style of forgetting the rules, being fearless, as light source and shadows and all that is still one of the things that I struggle with.

Yesterday was Day 1 but I didn't get a chance to sit down until tonight to watch the videos and such. Anyhoo, here's my first homework! We were asked to do 10 minutes of coloring. The class examples were beautiful large flowery images. I have some that are digi but didn't want to take the time to print them out (bedtime was calling) so I chose this Power Poppy stamp, In Praise of Sunflowers.


Part of being fearless is choosing colors you normally don't grab. Well, that was quite hard for me but I did it. I can tell I don't use the dark blue/purple that I grabbed as it created quite a mess! Everyone needs some purple hands once in awhile, right?


Off to bed for me. I'll work on this a bit more as the week goes on and see where it takes me. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hello Danni! Kudos to you for squeezing in some coloring time. I love how this turned out and you mentioned you might add more? I can't wait to see. Great job on leaving some sweet spots too!

Christine Dol said...

Danni I think your flower turned out beautifully. I love the colours!