Monday, February 3, 2020

Robin and Baskin

Have you seen the new Sweet November Release? Oh my goodness!! It is simply amazing! Puppy Love is definitely an appropriate name as I'm in love with all the sweet digis!! You can only get these digis at 7 Kids Craft Store so while you're there, take a looksie around as I know there's lots of fun stuff that needs a home! hehe!

If you want to see some amazing cards using these great digis, head on over to the artists blog, Amy Young, she is AMAZING (click here and here to see some cards with Puppy Love) ! She also has a Facebook page where she does live coloring and it is so neat to watch them bring stamps to life! 

For my first card using this amazing release I decided to color up Robin and Baskin. Doesn't Baskin look so protective of sweet Robin? 


I tried a few new things with my coloring on this one. First I tried new paper, Neenah Solar White 80 lb. I liked it because it went through my printer easily but I found it bleeds fairly easy the more you layer. I'll keep working with it and see if I like it better as I get use to it. I did like how the prismacolor pencils worked on this paper though.

I made a little pattern on Robin's shirt with my colorless blender. I like the effect it had. I tried to add some texture to Baskin. I need to practice some more but I think it turned out pretty decent. I also wanted the white on Baskin to stand out so I added a little darker color around them. At first I didn't like it but it's growing on me.

I left it simple so the image could stand out. Can't wait to color up more from this fun release!

Have a fabulous day!

Stamps~ Sweet November~digi~ Robin and Baskin, SugarPea Designs~ Hot Diggity Dog,
Ink~ SU Poppy Parade,
Cardstock~ Neenah Solar White 80 lb., SU Basic Grey,
Designer Paper~ Authentique Carefree,
Other Goodies~ copics, prismacolor pencils, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, SU Triple Heart Punch,

No comments: