Friday, April 17, 2020

Four on Friday-Embossing Folders


It's time for another Four on FridayMy friend, Alicia and I have a collaboration series called "Four on Friday". Every few Fridays, we will be sharing 4 different projects using the same technique, tool or type of product. To see previous Four on Friday posts, click HERE!

This month we're pulling out our embossing folders to make our four cards!  I *may* have a few to choose from! 



For my first card I just had to color up a cute piggy from a set from La La Land Crafts that I just got called This Little Piggy. So darn adorable and fun!! So many times I reach for an embossing folder I always just emboss white cardstock so today I wanted to do some other colors! I chose a light blue for this Clouds embossing folder to go with my piggy!



Stamps~ La La Land Crafts~ This Little Piggy,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Mango Melody,
Cardstock~Gina K. Artist Choice, SU Soft Sky, SU Daffodil Delight, SU So Saffron, misc. white cardstock,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ copics, prismacolor pencils, MFT Stitched Oval STAX, Darice Clouds embossing folder, La La Land Crafts Stitched Sun and Clouds dies, Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen,

My second card uses 3 different embossing folders to make a fun background. I went for a fun contrast with the black and then the reds and pinks. 



Stamps~ SU Botanicals for you,
Ink~ C.C. Designs Black Olive,
Cardstock~ scraps of SU cardstock, SU Basic Black,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ SU Fancy Fan embossing folder, SU Garden Trellis embossing folder, SU Square Lattice embossing folder, SU Botanical Builder Framelits, rhinestone, MFT Mini Scalloped Stitched Rectangle STAX,

My next card I used an old kit I had from Paper Makeup Stamps along with some sweet stamps from La La Land Crafts~Afternoon Tea Marci and Tea Time Kittens. I paired a piece of designer paper with some embossed cardstock. The embossing adds just the right touch! 



Stamps~ La La Land Crafts~Afternoon Tea Marci, La La Land Crafts Tea Time Kittens, 
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black,
Cardstock~ Paper Makeup kit,
Designer Paper~ Paper Makeup Kit
Other Goodies~ copics, prismacolor pencils, ribbon, SU Sparkle embossing folder, Sassafras button embellishment from Paper Makeup Kit,

For my last card I decided to ink up a Pure Innocence girl, Peek-a-boo. I fussy cut her out and then put her on a circle that I used my most used embossing folder, Swiss Dots on.



Stamps~MFT~PI Peek-a-boo
Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry, Distress Oxide Salty Ocean,
Cardstock~ SU Gray Granite,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ copics, primsacolor pencils, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, sequins,

I didn't use my embossing folders in any great creative ways but I do enjoy using them, just need to pull them out more often! Be sure to head on over to Alicia's YouTube Channel to see what amazing projects she created!!

Have a fabulous day!

10 comments:

LadyDiane said...

Adorable cards. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy Fleming said...

Great cards and now I need to break out all the embossing folders i have!

Christine Dol said...

Oh my goodness...adorable! I cannot pick a favourite! They are all so cute!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow!!! They are all fabulous!!! Seriously. I love all of the different folders you used, your coloring and the colors you chose. I especially like the one where you used the 3 different folders and colors for the background. And Swiss Dots is my favorite too. :) So glad we are doing this together.

Wanda R. said...

Your cards are adorable. I have a lot of embossing folders too and I always forget to use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Leanna said...

I have so many embossing folders, but hardly ever use them. Need to get them out. Great cards, I just needed some inspiration.

Lucy Schmidt said...

I just came from Alicia's video and must say the two of you have scored again with your latest collaboration. I really like your use of the embossing folders as part of your background. I wish I had your coloring skills!!! The little girl on the dotted swiss circle background is adorable (and I don't usually "do" adorable ☺). Thanks for the extra inspiration. I don't have nearly the number of EFs you have, but I enjoy them when I actually think about using them.

BarbaraB said...

I also need to remember to use my embossing folders more often since I have a lot of them. I really like the second card that uses 3 different embossing folders.

MTstamper29 said...

Dani came from Alicia’s posted video...Thanks for sharing...like you I have collect MANY embossing folders and I have several that you featured....great minds think alike ;). I especially like card 2 never thought about combining different styles! And now I know what to do with the bold words dies I’ve also collected:). Thanks for the inspiration...be well. Stay healthy.

Denise said...

Love your cards. I especially love the tri-colored/embossed one. I may have to borrow that design.