Friday, July 31, 2020

Four on Friday-Stencils

It's time for another Four on FridayMy friend, Alicia and I have a collaboration series called "Four on Friday". Every few Fridays, we will be sharing 4 different projects using the same technique, tool or type of product. To see previous Four on Friday posts, click HERE!

Today we're making 4 cards/projects using stencils! We both haven't used them very often so we thought this would be a fun way to get more familiar with them and hopefully use them more often. 

My first card uses a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil, Stained Glass. I thought it would work well for a honeycomb look to go with the Kraftin' Kimmie Sweet as can Bee! stamp set! I mean, how cute are those bees!! I just wanna scoop them up and hug 'em!




Stamps~Kraftin' Kimmie~ Sweet As Can Bee!
Ink~ Distress Oxide Ink~Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Memento Tuxedo Black, C.C. Designs Black Olive,
Cardstock~ Bristol Smooth, SU Tempting Turquoise,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ Kraftin' Kimmie Stained Glass stencil, copics, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, stickles, sequins,

For my next card I used another Kraftin' Kimmie stencil, Lots o' Dots and paired it with the Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, Cuddles the Puppy.  Such an adorable stamp set!  It was fun to make slimline card. The really are just so fun!




Stamps~ Kraftin' Kimmie~ Cuddles the Puppy,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide~ Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral, SU Bermuda Bay,
Cardstock~ Bristol Smooth, SU Bermuda Bay, 
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ copics, Whimsy Stamps Slimline Card Builder, SU Layering Circles Framelits, SU Layering Ovals Framelits,

I just *had* to make one card using a cloud stencil. I love making clouds!! I paired my clouds with the Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, From the Otter Side. That lil' otter makes me smile!


Stamps~ Kraftin' Kimmie~ From the Otter Side,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide ink~Salty Ocean SU Tempting Turquoise, 
Cardstock~ SU Tempting Turquoise,
Designer Paper~
Other Goodies~ copics, MFT Cloud Stencil, SU Cloudy Day embossing folder, SU Stitched Framelits, SU enamel shapes, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX set 1,

For my last card I thought it would be fun to use a stencil on some patterned paper. I found a scrap and then used the Kraftin' Kimmie Mermaid Scales Stencil on it. I really like the effect it produced! I'll be doing this more in the future!! I paired my paper with the Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, My Happy Place. She makes me smile!


Stamps~ Kraftin' Kimmie~ My Happy Place,
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, C.C. Designs Black Olive, Distress Oxide inks~ sorry, I don't know what colors I used as I had them in my blog post and blogger didn't save it. 😞
Cardstock~ SU Rococo Rose,
Designer Paper~ scrap from my scrap drawer
Other Goodies~ copics, bakers twine, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, rhinestones, SU Triple Banner Punch,

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!! Don't forget to head on over to Alicia's YouTube Video to see what she created!!


My video with these cards can be found HERE!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

DARLING CARDS! You and Alicia have given me the courage to give stencils a try!

Unknown said...

Love your cards!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

They are all fabulous!! I just love the different look you got with each stencil. And... I HATE bees, but I wanna hug those little guys too. ;)