Thursday, April 30, 2020

Sweet Companion x 2 and an announcement!

I'm so excited to announce that I was chosen to be a guest designer for the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Facebook Group for the next 3 months! Yay!

If you are unfamiliar with Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps, check out the Etsy Store HERE!!

It is more fantasy type art than what I usually work with but I have always been a big fan of these images. They really challenge me in my coloring skills and I really do adore them! Many, many years ago I was on a design team that sold these images and I loved creating with them. You can see those cards HERE!

Today I have two cards using the same digi, Sweet Companion but colored with different mediums. One is colored with my familiar copics/pencil coloring and one is colored with pencils only. The pencils only one challenged me and I wasn't too sure about it but it is always good to practice and in the end I did end up liking it. I wish I had given it a bit more contrast but there's always next time!

It's so interesting to me to look at them both together. There are things I like and things I dislike about both of them but I'm also my own worst critic.





Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Stamps~ Ching-Chou Kuik~digi~Sweet Companion,
Ink~
Cardstock~ SU Early Espresso, SU Basic Grey,
Designer Paper~ SU Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, Paper Studio Country Road,
Other Goodies~ prismacolor pencils, copics, MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX, doily, MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 1, pearls, 

1 comment:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Absolutely love getting to see how each coloring medium looks different, but beautiful. Lovely job. TFS!